Wednesday, June 15, 2011

52 Weeks




  Most people in the world start the year on January first, but our year started Saturday, June 4. Tobias and I watched as Thomas (Daddy) loaded up his ruck sack and gear into a big, green, military bus and head to the Elmendorf Air strip. That's when our year started. It may seem silly, but I have to count this year in weeks, not days. It seems easier to handle 52 weeks rather than 365 days. 
 So far, almost two weeks have passed since waving goodbye to our hero. I plan on updating this blog on a weekly bases and having you join us as we count down the 52 weeks! I've decided Saturdays is the appropriate day to update, so every Saturday afternoon or evening (depending on when Tobias naps and I have a free moment) I'll grab a hot cup of tea and tell you, our wonderful family and friends, about our week. This first blog is going to be short, due to the fact that it's not Saturday yet; it's Wednesday so I have a few more days till Saturday, and who knows what exciting things may happen between now and then!
 However, I will give you a quick update on Thomas. I spoke with him last night, he sounded good, but busy, very busy he said. We only got a few minutes, but it was good to hear his voice. They are working hard to ready their vehicles and prepare for any missions. He is waiting to see where they will send him before having me give out an address. So we are still in the waiting process on that. I am compiling a list of things he needs and wants, and I'll be getting that out to you all soon, probably when we get the address. We talked about Toby, and all he's learning and doing. Thomas does have access to e-mail he just isn't able to check it on a regular basis, but he does enjoy getting e-mails and pictures from family and friends. His e-mail is: willeod@gmail.com please send him a note of encouragement, it would mean a lot to him.
 Well, we can continue this little chat and count down on Saturday. Hope you all have a great rest of your week. Much Love!

 ~Iris 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Iris. Fun way to keep up with y'all:) Love and hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete