Thursday, August 4, 2011

44 Weeks!

Okay, here I am finally. I have not felt like writing much this past week. But I do want to continue my weekly updates and not slack, well, not slack too much that is. Tobias and I had a good week, but a busy week. It seemed as though we were on the go non stop. We ran errands, spent some time at my parents house visiting with my little brother Alan (who just got home from a summer of traveling). We helped out with the FRG bake sale, we went for our Friday walk and we went to a great birthday party for a dear little friend who turned 3.

 We also got to spend some time talking to Thomas! Tobias was so happy to see Daddy on the computer screen. His face just lit up, and he started trying to sign Daddy. He kind of over did it a little and was smacking himself in the side of the head. He has Thomas and I rolling laughing. Thomas has been pretty busy lately but has still had time to call a few times and video chat once. It's been such a blessing.  

  Last week seemed so busy, and looking back we really didn't DO a whole lot, but lately any type of outing is quite an undertaking for me. Getting Tobias in and out of the car, in and out of a stroller. Making sure Tobias is clean, has a clean diaper and most of breakfast off his face. Making sure his diaper bag has diapers, wipes, extra clothes, plenty of food, sippy cup (preferably full of juice), and snacks for the road. Making sure the dogs have water and food before I leave, stepping over the toys in the living room while holding Toby and hoping we both don't crash to the floor, cringing at the un-done dishes in my sink as I leave, and passing by the trash that continues to pile up in my garage (I keep meaning to ask my dad if he'll haul it to the dumpster for me, I keep forgetting); and remembering I forgot to put the towels in the dryer for the 3rd day in a row, knowing I'll be re-washing them for the second time, it's all just a little...well, overwhelming! Not to mention the list of other things I've promised to do, or really need to do, like get my oil changed, look into some paper work for Thomas, and write a few letters.
 I find that when I look at all of this, all at once, I can feel myself sinking into this pool of murky water called life. In reality the pool is more like a puddle and I just keep looking at it face down! All I have to do is take it one cup full at a time and spread it out where it needs to go, but the puddle can look so big when your face is right in the middle of it. Anyway, enough with my silly analogy. So I have spent the last three days doing a lot of nothing. Tobias and I have only left the house once in three days. I have enjoyed staying home, and I have completed a few things, like laundry and dishes, but mostly I think I'm realizing, once again, that I'm not depending, or resting rather, in my Lord.

 I've been thinking a lot lately about truth, and quotes, or sayings. I realized that we can find up lifting truth, and quotes from well meaning intelligent people, that speak to our heart's emotions and intellect. But the only truth that speaks to our souls, and fills us with the strength to carry on, is the Word of God.  So I have decided to start memorizing scripture on a regular bases. While doing dishes, laundry, and changing diapers, I'm going to have little 3 by 5 cards taped at eye level full of up lifting scripture. (I would love some of your favorites if you'd like to share them with me).
 Life can be crazy, but we are called to live it, and live it intentionally. So enough with my overwhelmed self, one cup of murky water and scripture verse at a time and I'll get it done.

 Much Love, have a great week (what's left of it!) :)

 ~Iris

 Tobias, getting into trouble!
 Trooper about to take his toy that Toby found.
 And Toby taking it back! Good thing Trooper is a gentle giant! :)
 Watching the train on our walk last Friday!
 Helping Grandpapa set up the baby gate! (Tobias is holding a screw driver for Grandpapa)
 Waking up from a nap to see Daddy! Love that grin!
 Trying to sign Daddy, my sweet boy!
 20 Weeks on Thursday! Half way there! We find out on the 10th if we can shop for pink, or gather more blue! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment