Wednesday, July 20, 2011

46 Weeks!

Aaaaaaak, it's Wednesday! I'm rather behind this week. But it is kinda nice that week 46 is already almost half over! Well Last week was great! Tobias and I had a lot of fun and new adventures. We went to my 17 week appointment on Tuesday and although we did not get to see the baby via ultra sound, we did get to hear his little heart beat. Beautiful sounds to a mama's ears! We will find out the gender August 10 (that will be week 42's post)!
 Thursday we went to an FRG meeting and we have some exciting events coming up, including a bake sale on the 28th and a trip to the Zoo on the 10th. It's great to have these outings and events to look forward to, helps the time go by quickly. Friday we met up at the coastal trail again, and had a great walk! Tobias really seems to enjoy these walks, and I'm so glad. After our walk we had a new experience, we went to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie! It was so much fun and Tobias really enjoyed it! I was surprised he did as well as he did. The movie is just over an hour so I figured he'd do great, but I forgot about all the previews, and then there was a mini cartoon before the movie! He made it almost to the end without fussing, but he couldn't sit still any longer, so the last 15-20 minutes I stood in the back of the theater and rocked him to sleep. It was so fun to watch his reactions to the movie. He loved the red balloon that is seen through out the film. He squealed with delight every time he saw it! So cute! Nana joined us, and it was a very fun day!
 Saturday we went garage sale-ing. I was proud of myself for sticking to my list and not buying junk! I love garage sale-ing, but I have to give myself a spending limit and a list otherwise I just can't help myself. "Oh 25 cents for a book I'll never read, sure! It's only 25 cents! Look 50 cents for a sweater, who cares that I have 25 sweaters!" Anyway, I'm doing better about curbing my desire to buy and shop.

  Sunday we made it to church again, so glad! It was a good time of fellowship. Afterward my mom and Tobias and I went to Target and bought Toby a big boy car seat! He looks so grown up (check out the pictures below)! He loves his big boy seat, he can see out the window, it has a cup holder and snack holder and there is no more screaming when I put him in the car! He's quite happy.

 Well I know I'm eating into this week, but Monday we got to talk to Thomas via video chat. It had been a few days since we got to "See Daddy". It was wonderful and Tobias just talked and talked to Thomas. I loved it! Thomas got his package from the Neirs, Jacob, and me and Toby. He really enjoyed all the goodies. I also sent him an awesome pillow and he's been loving it (it's supposed to cure a lot of issues, back pain, head aches, etc.). He's doing really well, had a smile on his face, and we had some good laughs. He sends his love to you all and thanks you for the boxes!

 Well I should go before I start bragging anymore about this week! But I must say, I am so thankful for good friends. I had a great visit yesterday with my dear friend Kea and it was just what I needed. I had started feeling many worries creep up on me and begin to overwhelm me. I could tell I wasn't resting in my Lord, laying my worries at His feet, and resting in His peace. I thank God for the blessing of wonderful friends, we were not meant to walk this life alone!

 Hope you have a great rest of the week! See you soon!

 ~Iris

  Love that wake up face!
  Driving Daddy's truck with his faithful side kick! :)
 Driving mommy! ;-)
 At the Coastal trail! Notice the train in the back ground!
  First time at the Theater!
 Playing with Trooper, he's silly!
 My Little Safari boy all dressed up for church!
Off to church we go! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment