Monday, July 11, 2011

47 Weeks!

 Well it seems the weekends continue to pose a challenge for me to actually complete my blog on time! But, that's okay, Tobias and I have had some great weekends and they just slip by so quickly I hardly have time to think (which is just fine with me!).  What a week! I can hardly remember what we did, but I know it was a good week. Ha ha! The highlight was definitely talking to Thomas via Google video chat. I think Tobias and I got to talk with him 3 times this week. What a blessing! I feel so spoiled, but I'll happily take it!
 Thomas has sounded so good every time we have talked with him. He's been going to church, and even started going to a Bible study on Wednesdays. They are studying John 3 where Nicodemus talks with Jesus. I'm going to read it too, helps me stay even more connected with Thomas. He and his team are continuing to work out at the gym, and do whatever it is they do every day. Thomas said "We had a normal day here, went to the gym, did some paper work, ate." I hope his days continue to be like that, smooth, enjoyable and uneventful! It is such a joy to watch him and Tobias interact on video chat. I know I probably repeat myself here, but it is so much fun! They clap, and Tobias talks to Daddy, tells him all kinds of stories, and smiles and waves. I'm not sure exactly how much Tobias understands, but from what I can tell he and Thomas enjoy it, and that's what matters.
 Tobias and I went to Willow Alaska this week, for an over night stay at a dear friends house. It was wonderful; a little get away. My friend Jaala was hosting a baby shower for her sister Emily and we just couldn't miss it! So we drove the 2 hours to Willow and Jaala was kind enough to let us spend the night so it wasn't a late night for us driving home. Jaala and her husband Kenny live in a delightful little house/cabin. It felt like a private resort for me! I was waited on hand and foot, and Tobias loved having new places to explore.
 Friday we enjoyed a lovely walk along the coastal trail with some good friends. We enjoyed it so much we made it a regular weekly event. Every Friday we will be walking the coastal trail! I'm really looking forward to the exercise and the friendly company. The coastal trail runs right a long the coast (imagine that) it's a great place to stroll with kids. There are ships and mountains on one side, and train tracks on the other, with regular visits from passing trains. Tobias had a blast pointing at everything, every bird, person, biker, dog and more. It was quite fun.
 This weekend we went to the bear paw festival in Eagle River, with my mom. We had a good time. We didn't stay long but we enjoyed a big, loaded baked potato, and a funnel cake, and I got some kettle corn for Thomas (per his request!). I love people watching at huge events like this, it's quite entertaining! I think we counted 6 people with wiener dogs, a guy in a storm trooper outfit, and countless little kids with crazy, colored hair (glad I don't have to wash that hair!).
 I've had a song stuck in my head all week by Caedmon's call. It keeps reminding me that no matter what God is working on changing my heart. I can fight Him, try to run, try to stay self absorbed, but He's determined to find me, and change me. Here are part of the lyrics that I've been singing in my head.

 ...Like a coin hiding in the corner
Trying not to be swept
And I was trying not to be swept.

Kicking against these goads
Sure did cut up my feet
And didn't your hands get bloody
As you washed them clean (you washed them!),

 Here I am again, back where I began
Try as I may I can't get away from you
And all of these roads lead me to roam,
Bring me back home.
Here I am again, back where I began.

 So you have yourself your ninety nine (ninety nine),
Isn't that enough for you?
Still you followed me to the shadowed valley
Carried me on your shoulders too.

 I'm so grateful God is not  satisfied with me the way I am. That He uses the toughest situations we are in to mold us, teach us, and change us. Even when all we want to do is curl up in a ball and wait for it to all go away. He follows us into the shadowed valley and carries us out, reminding us we've got to move on, stop kicking against the goads and start again. What amazing grace!
 Hope you all have an awesome week! Much Love!

 ~Iris

  Eating Peas! He loves them!
 Bath time!
 His new trick this week, sucking both thumbs at the same time! Silly boy!
  Quality time with Daddy!

 He's been crossing his feet when he relaxes. Cracks me up cause Thomas does the same thing!
My boys, my heroes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment